Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hello, friends

Alright. I've decided to give this blog another try after almost a year without a post. I'll probably stick mostly to music-related posts with some sports mixed in (and who knows what else). Concert reviews, songs/bands I'm in to, Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari's engagement news, stuff like that. Hopefully you'll be able to find some things on here that you enjoy or haven't seen before and if not, well, then I've failed. Thanks for taking the time (if you're still reading this), it's much appreciated.

Here's a few songs I've been listening to this morning. The first song is "Beach Comber" by Real Estate. Some may prefer Jimmy Buffett as their summer soundtrack but here's a song I associate with summer just as much: "Beach Comber" Real Estate

Next up, is a band I just discovered this week and I'm really loving this single: "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men. I would say it's for fans of Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I also love the band name and the logo with this video: "Little Talks" Of Monsters and Men Also, fun fact--they're Icelandic.

Lastly, this is a song going all the way back to 1928 by Floyd Ming and his Pep Steppers, titled "Indian War Whoop". I can't help but feel a rush of happiness and the urge to dance when listening to this song. And, really, what more can you ask for in a song? "Indian War Whoop" Floyd Ming and his Pep Steppers


No comments:

Post a Comment