Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I can see the pines are dancing


Daytrotter.com in and of itself is worth a very lengthy blog post but I'll leave that for another time. However, the A.A. Bondy Daytrotter session from May of 2008 can be summed up pretty easily: it's incredible. I always seem to go back to it and I love how it sits atop my iTunes library each time I open it due to alphabetic organization. Bondy is a tremendous singer/songwriter who crafts lyrics like the best of them even if he doesn't always receive the recognition he deserves. One of my favorite lyrics on this session: "God must pull on the string/So the moon can rise and sing/For every man and every beast/As the night comes rolling in". Or there is: "And looking at the sky there is no pain/See the stars all falling down like burning rain". Check out the session here: A.A. Bondy--Daytrotter

No comments:

Post a Comment